Did You Know Drinking Coconut Water Can Add To Your Longevity?
During the scorching summer, a glass of coconut water can be refreshing. Low in calories, high in potassium, super hydrating, and naturally free from cholesterol and fat. coconut water has more than a countable few benefits.
Popular touted “Mother Nature’s Sports Drink,” there is a steady demand for coconut water in the market. Athletes and celebrities are endorsing the super drink that promises to keep you hydrated and aids hangovers too. Moreover, it is believed to have positive results with diseases like kidney stones and cancers.
However, how does coconut water deliver such health benefits?
Coconut Water – What is it?
Coconut water is naturally sweet and nutty flavoured, that is highly refreshing. It contains abundant digestible carbohydrates as electrolytes and sugar. Coconut water, unlike coconut oil or milk, is a clear liquid derived from the centre of the fruit. It has fewer calories than most sports drinks, which makes it a perfect choice for athletes and sportspersons.
Get yourself some amazing deal and offers on Flipkart coupons now!
Coconut water is naturallyGet yourself some amazing deal and offers on flipkart coupons now! https://dealsandcouponz.com/store/flipkart-com/ sweet but it contains lesser sugar than any sports drinks, fruit juices, and soda. Plain and natural coconut water is better than most of the beverages you might opt for during summers. However, you should not overdo it, as portion size is very important even with the healthiest of foods and drinks.
Benefits of Coconut Water
- Natural Source of Electrolytes: Coconut water contains natural electrolytes matching the traditional sports beverages like Gatorade. However, while Gatorade is made with added sugar, artificial sweeteners, and food colouring, coconut water is devoid of all these harsh ingredients. The only natural performance drink gives you plenty of electrolytes and keeps the body hydrated. In fact, studies reveal that coconut water performs as good as traditional sports beverages and drinks to replenish fluids post run or workout.
- Promotes Weight Loss: Coconut water has fewer calories and fats. As a result, it contributes to weight loss. You can consume generous quantities of coconut water without fear. Moreover, it has appetite-suppressant properties that keep you fuller for longer.
- Improves Skin Tone: Coconut water is a wonderful natural remedy for acne and blemishes. You can topically apply coconut water on the skin and it gradually clears up skin problems to give you an even and glowing skin. It also has natural moisturizing properties.
- Improves Digestion: Coconut water is a natural superfood with the potential to improve your digestive health. As it contains high amounts of fibre, it prevents indigestion and reduces chances of acid reflux too.
- Excellent Source of Potassium: Coconut water contains 10 times more potassium than any of the popular sports drinks. In fact, one glass of coconut water can give you as much potassium as four bananas. Potassium is needed to maintain the electrolyte and fluid balance in the body, especially during a workout, run or exercise.
- Good Source of Magnesium and Calcium: Magnesium and calcium work together to keep your body and functions healthy. Calcium is essential for stronger teeth and bones. It also helps your muscular health and improves contraction. Likewise, magnesium helps potassium and calcium function properly to help in muscle relaxation and contraction. It is equally effective for energy production and provides support to your organ functions.
- Powerful Source of Antioxidants: Coconut water is an excellent source of natural antioxidants. It helps neutralize oxidative stress and reduces the impact of free radical damage that occurs during exercise. However, you should always aim for fresh coconut water directly from the coconut to get optimum levels of antioxidants.
- Good Source of Cytokinins: Cytokinins are the hormones that promote plant growth and development. It is naturally found in coconut water and it has cancer-fighting properties. In addition, it is a natural anti-agent compound.
- Contains Amino Acids: Amino acids repair tissues. It is the building blocks of proteins. In coconut water, you can find plenty of amino acids like serine, cysteine, arginine, and alanine. It is also a major source of the infamous arginine amino acid that helps with stress response. Arginine also maintains the heart health.
- Lowers Blood Pressure: In some cases, inappropriate electrolyte content in the body may lead to high blood pressure. Coconut water contains bountiful of all the essential electrolytes to balance the body and lower blood pressure levels.
Coconut water is a fabulous sports drink, health drink, and a refreshing drink. However, an ordinary roadside drink, it provides essential nutrients to the body to keep you hydrated after a sweaty and hard workout. Swap your traditional sugar-laden sports drinks with coconut water for best results.