Do you know that you can walk your way towards fitness? Yes, you can!! To know more about it keep reading.
Who said that physical activity is always complicated? You can achieve a fit & healthy body by an easy daily brisk walk!
Here are some of the major benefits that brisk walking can serve you with:
- It will help you to maintain a healthy weight
- It will help you to avoid as well as manage many conditions such as type 2 diabetes, high blood pressure, and heart disease
- It will strengthen your muscles & bones
- Walking will improve your mood
- Walking can also improve your coordination and balance
The farther, faster & more frequently you will walk, the greater will be the benefits you will acquire.
You Better Know the Right Technique
If you want to turn your normal walk into a fitness stride, then you should know the right posture as well as intense movements. Note the following things while walking for some better results:
- You should keep your head up and look forward rather than at the ground.
- Your neck, shoulders as well as the back should be relaxed rather than keeping it stiffly upright.
- You should swing your arms effortlessly along with a little bend in your elbows. You can also do a slight pumping with your arms if you want.
- You should keep your stomach muscles a little tight as well as your back straight rather than keeping it arched forward/backward.
- Make sure you are walking smoothly along with rolling your foot from heel to toe.
How to Plan Your Routine?
Before starting your walking routine, keep the following points in mind:
- Get the correct gear: Wear comfortable clothes and the right shoes.
- Select your path wisely: Avoid ways with uneven turf, low-hanging limbs, potholes or cracked sidewalks.
- Warm Up Well: Firstly, walk slowly for 5-10 min. to prepare your body for exercise and warm up your muscles.
- Cooldown Session: At the end of your walking, walk slowly 5-10 min. This will help your muscles to cool down.
- Stretch Well: One you complete your cool-down session, don’t forget to stretch your muscles gently.
You Should Track Your Improvement
Keeping a record on the following aspects will help you to examine your progress and it will be an inspiration for you as well:
- How many steps did you take?
- How much distance did you walk?
- How long it took?
Believe us, you will feel fantastic when you will see your growth of each week, month or even year.
Keep an account of these results in a specific walking journal or use a physical activity app.
Staying Motivated is Important!!
It takes a strong initiative to start a walking exercise and sticking to the same takes responsibility. Check out the following points to be motivated with your commitment:
- Set yourself up for good progress and initially begin with a simple& easy objective. This will help you to reach for goals that once felt impossible for you.
- Make your walking enjoyable. Yes, if you find walking boring, then ask one of your friends to join you.
- Differ your routine. Plan various routes, while you walk outdoors. Always, walk-in safe as well as well-lit places.
- If you skip a day, it doesn’t been you have to give up. Get back on track after reminding yourself how excellent you feel when doing physical activity daily routine.
Take your first step and you will be on your way to an exceptional destination, i.e., your better health!!!